Openings 2019-2020 SY
The Pan American School of Porto Alegre (PAS POA) is located in beautiful Porto Alegre Brazil which is situated in the southern-most region of the country. Our city was founded over 200 years ago and offers a rich and diverse culture and history. A large portion of its population emigrated from Europe (Italy and Germany) in the late 19th and 20th centuries and the residents offer a unique mix of cultures and beliefs. Porto Alegre is a modern and vibrant city of 1.5 million habitants. It has the reputation of being the most livable capital city in Brazil with less traffic and congestion and the greenest areas for any major metropolitan city.
Porto Alegre, the tenth largest city in Brazil, has retained its sense of history and tradition while carefully blending in cosmopolitan progress. With excellent cultural activities and a strategic location, it combines a small town feel and big city culture to create a wonderful living and teaching experience.
We have been providing excellent personal as well as educational opportunities to our students since 1966. Fully accredited by AdvancED in the United States and an authorized IB World School delivering the PYP/MYP curriculum frameworks; we are searching for enthusiastic and dedicated educators who wish to positively contribute to our community and make a difference in the lives of our families.
PAS POA is a private, not-for-profit, bilingual, multi-cultural school of approximately 400 students. Our aspiration is to prepare students for success in their present and future educational studies and life. PAS POA recognizes the uniqueness of each student taking into account their learning styles, needs and interests. Emphasis is placed on student led inquiry, developing critical thinking skills and nurturing internationally-mined citizens who recognize their common humanity and shared responsibility of the planet.
The Pan-American School is growing and currently offers the following:
- The International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program (PYP) from preschool to grade five and the Middle Years Program (MYP) in grades 6-10. We also offer a variety of AP courses as well as the AP Capstone Diploma. Students engage in both structured and self-selected inquiry.
- Curricular integration projects using the IB and AERO/Common Core frameworks.
- A modern media center with more than 35,000 volumes.
- Apple tablets in preschool, laptop carts for elementary and a BYOD program in grades 6-12. Each classroom has an interactive white board and all teachers are supported by our IT Integration Coaches.
- A full-time instructional coach and dedicated counselors in each section.
- Use of NWEA’s Measures of Academic Progress (MAP) testing in grades 1-10 in order to monitor student growth over time and to assist the classroom teacher with instructional planning.
- Three state of the art science laboratories, two music suites, a Makerspace, a collaborative learning classroom, art studios, and numerous student support areas.
- Excellent academic programs known throughout Brazil.
Benefits include a competitive salary package, modern, individual housing facilities with furnishings, international health insurance, yearly air transportation home, settling-in and moving allowances, cable television, high-speed internet access, Portuguese classes, annual wellness benefit, city bus transportation, breakfast/lunch service, and an 8% annual retirement plan.
Please visit our website for additional information: www.panamerican.com.br
PAS POA fully embraces and implements the International Child Protection Standards and Expectations as created by the ITFCP. As such, all candidates will be required to submit confidential references from current and past supervisors, self-declare any past criminal charges and provide comprehensive background checks before any contract is offered. All previous employers will be contacted. Failure to fully disclose any pertinent information will nullify any agreements made with the school.